The Legion Of Doom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Addons - or what makes your life easier.

Go down

Addons - or what makes your life easier. Empty Addons - or what makes your life easier.

Post  Dawnhailer Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:54 am

Ok,yesterday some of you asked me to put some posts and links about addons I've found useful like Pawn or SpamMeNot. So here it goes with screens hopefully. I will provide a short description of the addons I use and will add some pictures too and a download link of course. If you need help, there is an addon help thread here.

And of course feel free to post descriptions of addons you've found useful too, we all would like to know about them.
Dawnhailer
Dawnhailer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Addons - or what makes your life easier. Empty SpamMeNot - keep your chatwindow clean

Post  Dawnhailer Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:27 am

All of you experienced the annoying spamming of the goldsellers in the trade, lfg and general channels, what's more you keep getting whispers from them. Now we have a weapon to fight back and it is called SpamMeNot.

This addon monitors the channels and search for predefined strings and/or words like "selling gold" or "visit www.goldsellers.com" and blocks them automatically. Yes, the message won't appear in your chat window! What's more the spammer will be reportad automatically and the addon notices you about this. If you are not sure if the message was a spam or not, you can read it in a different window.

Here are some picts:
Addons - or what makes your life easier. 00112
Addons - or what makes your life easier. 00213
Addons - or what makes your life easier. 00312
Addons - or what makes your life easier. 00410
Addons - or what makes your life easier. 00511

If you like it here you can get it: download.
Dawnhailer
Dawnhailer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Addons - or what makes your life easier. Empty Pawn - to get the right gear

Post  Dawnhailer Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:24 pm

Many of us are in trouble when it's time to choose between two or more pieces of equipment. Which one is better for my class/spec? Which one is good for PvE and which one is for PvP? Have no worries, the answer is here: an addon called Pawn.

The idea is simple: you can set values for different attributes an item has, eg. a point of strength worths 2 points while +1 defense worths +1.5 points. Pawn adds the points together and informs you about the final value. If you compare items you will see which one is better for you: the one with more points.

Of course it's hard to decide what abilities and attributes are important for you and how many points to set to each. But there is a solution for this: pre-made value sets. You can export pre-made value sets for different classes/sepcs, even for PvP/PvE. Many of these are provided with the addon via a simple html file while others can be found on the addon's author's homepage and forums.

Here are some picts:
Addons - or what makes your life easier. 00214
Addons - or what makes your life easier. 00313
Addons - or what makes your life easier. 00411
Addons - or what makes your life easier. 00512

Download link is here.
Dawnhailer
Dawnhailer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Addons - or what makes your life easier. Empty Re: Addons - or what makes your life easier.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down