The Legion Of Doom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOD - Kara 07/04/08

5 posters

Go down

LOD - Kara 07/04/08 Empty LOD - Kara 07/04/08

Post  Ironbone Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:08 pm

Kara - Here to Stay Baby!

Well 6 bold warriors made the trip, and a sucfessful one at that, unfortuanatley mared at the end by an ugly incident which was by no means the legion of dooms fault.
Solavel, Zorg, Thesaviour, Martinaki, Chrescent and myself all entered Kara for the first time. with the help of a druid, priest, warrior and mage we cut throught the enemy with ease, although a little on the unorganised side, a very good run ending with the 1st kara boss - the huntsman.
The first fight was over quite quick as we were not expecting the huntsman to appear so early in the battle and caught us a little off guard, which proved fatal. Seccond go however was a total sucsess Smile brought him down with no problems - me personaly this was the toughest boss i have ever faced and i enjoyed this imensley. after the Huntsmen was defeated he dropped a very rare item - Rains of the firey warhorse - i'm told this has a 0.03% chance of dropping. so what do you think you should do? Need straight away, Greed straight away? or wait until everyone agrees on what we should ALL do? well its pretty obvious to me :p so one of our pugs decided to need "oops sorry guys" after some had already greeded so then a couple more needed, me being last to roll decided also to need - well i might aswell! and Solavel won - Awsome thank god our guild won it. This however didnt please one of the pugs who obviously wanted this, and he left the party logged on to an alt or somthing then 5 mins later some asshole was saying in trade chat that the legion of doom had ninjad the item! what a total dooche bag, this player was called Devestation, i urge everyone i know to ignore this player as he continued to harras poor Solavel just because he won it! This guy was clearly a small child who didnt get what he wanted, or some punk who wasnt there and dosent know how things went down.
So apart from that incident the night was a sucsess, we were good for a first time and i want this to be a message to those people who get to 70 and leave this guild because we dont raid - well now we raid kara :p and when we get our healers ready we can start farming the place with no need for anymore pugs, which i think we should never do again, unless they our friends of the guild - ie pugsy Smile but hopefully there will be no need cause we have the players and the talent in the legion of doom - we're here to stay baby!

-Frozen
Ironbone
Ironbone
Admin
Admin

https://legionofdoom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

LOD - Kara 07/04/08 Empty Kara Groups

Post  Ironbone Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:09 pm

Kara Groups

ok so one of the problems im feeling at the moment is "side selection" you all know only 10 people can go to kara at a time right? and i guess since i organise everything its my job to pick the teams? Well trust me its not a plesant task and i ask everyone not to be offended if you dont get picked straight away. But i do have a plan and i would appreciate more ideas on the table.
i propse we make 2 kara groups, which would involve 2 new ranks being made -group1 and group 2, in each group we have our 2 Tanks, 2 healers and then and even spread of Dps/CC etc.
doing this would solve the "being locked out" problem and you will get used to playing with ur group making us more efficient / organised - this is an idea and would not be implemented untill we have enough for the 2 groups ;p
So going back a bit, "side selection" now that we are looking to clear kara we will have to pick the strongest 10, look at your gear, is it good enough? check the earlier post on what sort of stats your class needs for kara. i personaly have exceeded the min requirments for kara and im happy that my gear is good enough, so have personal pride and do whats best for your guild, go out and get those items, make a big effort to succede and you will be picked, i gaurantee if you make an effort for this guild i will make every effort to help you get your items, just ask Deatheater, he respecced to prot for the guild, now he has around 500 def raiting and is tanking kara! Smile)
and dont be upset if you cant go one week, just use that time to upgrade then force me to select you Smile) i want to have selection problems because we have too many well geared people - that i can handle.

i think we also need to establish some Pre-raid and During-raid rules that will help us run more efficiently, so heres a few suggestions:
01. Pots - and players should purchase/aquire raid pots - including
i. Super health pots x10
ii.Super mana pots x10
iii.Defence/armor pots x5 - increased armor
iv.Adepts elixir x5 - increased spell damage
v. Frost/Firepower elixir x5 -increased frost/fire damage
vi. Any other pot you feel would be useful

02. Water/Food/healthstones and buffs
i. Mages are to provide enough food/water to last you the entire raid before we start
ii.Warlocks will provide healthstones for everyone and soul stones for our healers
iii.All other buffers are to give buffs before raid starts
iv.Take any elixirs pots etc that u require

03. Healing and Tanks
If we are going to have 2 main healers and and 2 tanks, each healer will be assinged to a tank, and each pair in seperate groups with the healer in each taking care of that group

04. Marks and pulling
The main tank has sole responsibility of marking and pulling. all other mambers of the raid should stay far back enough to alow the tank to recce the targets, issue marks, give the ready check then pull the targets back to the main party. Marks - we will discuss marks before the raid to avoid confusion and depending on the scenario, before some pulls.
marks should be somthing like this:
i. Skull - First kill -MT will be all over this like a rash building agro, while the main party Dps the hell out of it.
ii. "x" or cross - Seccond kill - 2ndary tank will be on this target if the MT has a problem holding 2 targets, Dps will move to this target after the skull is down
iii. Cube or Square - This is the hunters frost trap and usualy the third kill
iv. Moon - this is usualy the mages sheep and last kill
v. Purple - to be used for priests shackle or locks seduce
vi Orange - can be used for any CC but must be designated to a player prior to pulling
vii. Star - This is normaly the rouges sap, but can also be used for other CC
viii.Green - same as orange
*note all targets are flexable, but must be assigned to specific players beforehand to avoid confusion

05. Loot
We are a guild here so we all want each other to be well geared and the loot will be Need before Greed just like a normal party, so if somthing drops and it is better than what u are wearing, feel free to need. we shouldnt have any more "ninja" problems as we will not be taking any pugs Wink

06. summoning
2 people will be picked at random to go to the summon stone and summon the rest of the party, this will be a rotation system i.e if it was you last time it will be someone else this time

07. Group Calendar / Addons
everyone should download this addon as it will help us to plan/organise the raids.
Also could everyone download Omen threat meter to help control aggro.

08. Tactics
Everyone should checkout bosskillers.com for boss tactics - useful to know

09. Comunication
is the key to a sucsessful run, to this end we will be looking into ventrilo, more info to follow on that XD

10. Have Fun ffs!
The most important rule of all! i dont want anyone to feel under pressure at any time - its just a game.. a bloody sweet game! and you should enjoy playing more than anything:)
Ironbone
Ironbone
Admin
Admin

https://legionofdoom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

LOD - Kara 07/04/08 Empty Re: LOD - Kara 07/04/08

Post  Dawnhailer Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:16 am

Frozenwrath worte:
05. Loot
We are a guild here so we all want each other to be well geared and the loot will be Need before Greed just like a normal party, so if somthing drops and it is better than what u are wearing, feel free to need. we shouldnt have any more "ninja" problems as we will not be taking any pugs.

10. Have Fun ffs!
The most important rule of all! i dont want anyone to feel under pressure at any time - its just a game.. a bloody sweet game! and you should enjoy playing more than anything:)

Yay cheers that's the way I like it cheers
Dawnhailer
Dawnhailer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bogo Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:46 am

dont forget food buffs

bogo

Back to top Go down

Post  Solavel Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:57 pm

Well!!! Hi Very Happy
I will agree to the point that our first Karazhan run was a success as it was our first raid experience for most of us and yes we should see to go even further next time.But lets dont make the same mistake to take non-guildies again cause we dont know to what kind of scumbags we will run into."Pugs" as Frozen beatifully charaterizes them.The incident with that rare horse that droped made me fear for the worse.After we left the instance that Devestation guy started to /w me saying that i ninjad that drop.I tried to explain him that i didnt do that as others needed the drop before me and i was the last to press need.The dude was obviously hurt by the fact that he lost the drop or whatever he wanted to happen.He told me that i was ordered to greed.Why? So that u could take it? FU. Who are you to tell me what to do.In the end he told me "Good luck with reputaion.You will need it" and after that he started telling things about me ang the guild in the trade channel, that we are ninjas and stuff.Someone who asked me what happened told me that what i did was wrong, cause now i will have the reputation as the greatest ninja of the server.And as i always tend to think that the worst thing will happen, i feared for the guilds reputation and mine.That what gave me much joy is that you people supported me in this.And in the end thats all that counts.Thank you all.You are the best!!!!!! cheers
Solavel
Solavel

Back to top Go down

Post  billynomates Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:08 am

09. Comunication
is the key to a sucsessful run, to this end we will be looking into ventrilo, more info to follow on that XD

i may have a teamspeak server you can use for the raids etc

billynomates

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down