The Legion Of Doom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boosts

+3
picked
Traesen
elix
7 posters

Go down

Boosts Empty Boosts

Post  elix Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:20 pm

I Notice there is a lot of tension when people ask for boosts. Would it be a good idea to set up boosting runs maybe once a fortnight?? that way it would stop people asking for a boost and annoying other guildies. Maybe on the day of the boosting an officers note could be made on players that are willing to boost. Just an idea, what do u guys think?

elix

Back to top Go down

Boosts Empty Re: Boosts

Post  Traesen Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:54 pm

it's not a bad idea, we don't like people asking for boosts. i mean, what do boosts do? they run a guy through, complete a couple of quests, and they get some loot. Not bad, but where's the xp? also, you won't learn how to function as a group properly for the higher instances and heroic's too. So you don't learn anything, and you come accross as lazy. hmm. Me, if i'm of close level, then'll i'll help, because then everyone gets xp and instance experience, and it's more fun. Instead of just running through and getting someone else to spend their time whooping there ass, with no ACTUAL gain at the end of it.

got no problem helping people out, but i hate boosts in general-they're pointless, and lazy. By all means, if i'm playing on an alt of similar level, fine, no worries, but that's because it's more fun because you have to figure out how to pull certain mobs, what each bosses' tricks are, and they will get harder as you level up, sooo.

no-i won't give boosts. they're against the whole idea of the game, as far as i'm concerned. If people are willing to give boosts, fine, but don't spam guild chat-most of the officers feel the same as i do, and we don't appreciate it.
Traesen
Traesen
Admin
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/traesen

Back to top Go down

Post  picked Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:15 pm

hey , about the subject, i suggest we all get groupcalendar addon, tht way wud be easier to organise things , not only boosts but raiding and allsorts Very Happy

picked

Back to top Go down

Post  picked Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:18 pm

and yes trasen , i think u right , i wud rather go instances with good players my lvl , then stand back and loot everything on sight , where's the fun on tht?o_O

picked

Back to top Go down

Post  paragus Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:35 am

Iam not too sure how i feel about bosting Because - sometimes i need a break from Grinding honor or rep so its not so bad - but theres aLot
of times i boost a total stranger and not get a thanks or goodbye , i boosted one MF only to watch him leave our guild later that hour !
Olso theres people you boost and they think its ok to ask you 10 times a day Every day Witch is just takeing the P*ss Evil or Very Mad
...Tribalorc was booted for this , - Its Good for the really low levels cus we can boost places like Sfk in 10 mins , Maybe if you really realy need a
boost Give us some notice, ''/g Hey guys i read the forum post on boosting , and if no one is busy in the next hour or 2 i'd be verry greatfull if i
could get a run thru (instance name) ? Don't worrie if your busy its not important ^_^'' Something like that ? instead of the traditional
--> '' Someone Boost me ? '' - one last thing , if no one responds in guild chat DO NOT start wispering all of us because were either AFK or Too Busy .
paragus
paragus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Boosts Empty boosts

Post  Braxan Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:08 am

yo guys i totally agree with zorg on this 1 i don't mind boosting ppl just some times they go on and on all the time then if they don't get a reply they start whispering everyone in guild to they do i mean WTF cant they understand ppl are busy or just too damn busy to boost i mean how the hell they think we got to 70 etc we didn't get boosted through any where so i just say 1 or 2 boost not bad but not like 10 times a day Razz

Braxan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawnhailer Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:21 pm

I can only agree with Traesen. But I think some form of help for the low lvl peeps would be nice. One of my former guild used a weekly event for this: every Wednesday was a Lowbie Help Day. It was fun and the lower lvl ppl knew they will recive help with quests and instance runs. Yea, true, it was some 2 yrs ago... the term "boost" was unknown then.
Btw I'm fully support the idea of using GroupCalendar as a whole. It makes our life and party forming for guild runs and raids lot easier. Also we can add special events like birthdays and more so we can celebrate togheter.
Dawnhailer
Dawnhailer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Serisen Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:31 pm

I think the whole idea of changing the level to 40 is so that low levels dont need help...cuz 40 isnt low..inmy opinion
Serisen
Serisen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down