The Legion Of Doom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Security measures

2 posters

Go down

Security measures Empty Account Security and the Blizzard Authenticator

Post  Bovex Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:42 am

None of us wants to get hacked but it is unfortunatley a fact that there are people out there who want nothing more than to access you account, sell your hard earned gear and take all your gold. Earlier this week ChuckChuck was hacked and lost 2000G and some gear from another of his characters and only this morning Darkmatter reported the loss of gear from both his lvl70 characters.

We all need to ensure that we keep our accounts as secure as possible and should all be changing our passwords on a regular basis.

I would also like to bring the New Blizzard Authenticator to everyone's attention.

Security measures Produc10

This is a new optional security feature that Blizzard has introduced recently. You basically associate the authenticator with your WOW account and from then on you will be asked for a code once you have entered your Username and Password. This code is randomly generated by the authenticator that is linked to your account (which is in your possession). Further information on the authenticator can be found at the BLIZZARD AUTHENTICATOR FAQ

The authenticator is unfortunately not free but can be purchased from the Blizzard Store for £6.00 or EUR6,00. These items are obviously in high demand at the moment and are currently sold out (Dawnhailer and I have been trying to get one since they were announced a while ago).

I would suggest that any guild member (especially officers) obtain one of these keyrings to protect their account.
Bovex
Bovex

Back to top Go down

Security measures Empty Security measures

Post  Dawnhailer Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:57 am

During the past few weeks many accounts were compromised in our guild. We would like to ask everyone to make countermeasures against hackers.
Dawnhailer
Dawnhailer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum