The Legion Of Doom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little news for all...

4 posters

Go down

A little news for all... Empty A little news for all...

Post  Traesen Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:25 pm

Well, i know this is melodramatic, but I figured y'all may want to know (if you don't already):

I'm having a major knee operation this Tuesday, and I will be in hospital for 4 days, then i will be bed-bound (doctor's orders :p) for 2 months, while undergoing intensive physiotherapy.

Sounds fun, right? Smile

Basically, for the last few years, i've suffered from, what i call, Reptitive Dislocating Knee Issues (or, more affectionately, that f@#!ing thing!!!). There has been 8 occasions where my kneecap has dislocated itself, and it wasn't until the 6th time that i decided that it really was an issue i needed to sort out. You'd have thought, "why not the first couple times?"
Simply put, i didn't know what was happening until then. Basically, i'd be doing something mundane or not (turning on the spot, take a penalty shot in a little football game, walking,) and my knee would pop out, and next thing i'd know i'd be on the ground in a fair amount of pain. The time where i realised something was up, i was playing paintball. Or rather, i was about to-i got 2 minutes into the game (never played it before then, btw), and i was jogging from one cover to another, and my knee popped out... and didn't go back in. Basically, in between screams of agony, i reached down and felt my right kneecap about 4 inches too far to the right, and what felt like was trying to pierce through my skin. After much twisting, i managed to get it back in, and went straight to hospital to be told "you're got a problem".

long story slightly short, i have 2 problems, which have created a 3rd-
1) my upper leg bone (fibia?) is mis-aligned, and is jutting inwards-which is putting pressure on my knee joint, pushing it outwards.
2) when you bend you're knee, there's a groove in the joint that the kneecap is pulled along to keep it in place by the tendons. my groove is too shallow, which means it's not as secure as it should be.
3) every time i've dislocated my knee, it has put enormous strain on the tendons on the inside of my leg, and thusly, every time i've dislocated my knee, it's been easier since to dislocate it again (which is why it's dislocated 3 times in 3 months last year).

So they've decided to cut my leg open, take some tendons from my calf, drill holes through the joint, and attach said tendons through the holes, to strengthen it. Also, they're re-aligning my bones by "shaving" (i think they're just gonna cut it, myself) and also shave the groove to a correct depth. All in all, quite a messy little procedure, BUT all the issues will be resolved.

and the point of this is- i'll be afk on tuesday until friday :p
Traesen
Traesen
Admin
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/traesen

Back to top Go down

A little news for all... Empty Re: A little news for all...

Post  Iries Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:03 pm

Ok, wow... that was...
Are they really going to do all this to your leg? i mean... ok you know better :p
In any case i wish you good luck, and have patience, you are going to need it Smile
Good thing you are not going to work, as i think you have told me, after the operation (you are not going to, are you????) ---> watch it! anything you say can be used against you :p

Anyway, we ARE going to miss you that tue-fri but when you come back you'll have a brand new knee!! yay!
Iries
Iries
Admin
Admin

Location : right now? in front of my computer - bedroom - house - thessaloniki - greece

Back to top Go down

Post  Traesen Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:15 pm

lol, thanks. no, i'm not going to work for those two months-all i'm going to do is sleep, eat, physio, and games Smile

so, it's a kind of holiday, and at the end of it, i'll be in a condition to finally get things sorted and not worry about my knee anymore.

so don't worry, not going forever, just for a lil' while Smile

if anything, i'll probably be on even more..
Traesen
Traesen
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Furiol Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:09 am

MMMmmm that sounds tasty Suspect

You actually made me feel quite ill when describing how ur knee was 4 inches from where it should be! pale

Well on the bright side you do get the chance to play WoW for 2 months without interuption. Hey you could even earn some money by becoming a gold farmer for 2 months and earn yourself a bit of pocket money!!!

Seriously look after yourself and see you back soon Very Happy
Furiol
Furiol

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironbone Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:18 am

Hey, good luck Trae, hope u get better soon!
If i makes you feel any better i twisted my ankle once playing footy Laughing
Ironbone
Ironbone
Admin
Admin

https://legionofdoom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Traesen Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:18 pm

lol, cheers guys. that farming idea doesn't sound too bad.

or i could see just HOW quick it is to get a char from 0-70 :p

but yeah, @ iron: last time my knee dislocated, i was in the middle of a dancefloor in a nightclub. I went out with my new housemates and a couple of their mates, and i got incredibly drunk. we went to this club, and we all got lost-so at 2am, i was completely rat-arsed, and still awake, so i decided to get my groove on-which, fyi, is NEVER a good idea. i can't dance. at all- and eventually i was face down on the floor. my knee had gone, only this time, as i fell, i twisted the ankle on my other leg-so i couldn't walk on either leg. that was a fun walk home Smile

Edit: just to let y'all know, i'm offskis now-i won't be back until after my operation. take care and have fun in the raid-i'll be bored shitless in my room, bouncing away to nothing in particular bounce , so toodles Smile
Traesen
Traesen
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down